Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I Have the Itch to go...Anywhere

Lately I've had the itch to go, to leave, to excuse myself from reality and see what I'm missing out in the land of everywhere.  I'm not one who can say that I've traveled extensively.  Yeah, I've been here and there and to Mexico once, but I feel that my soul hasn't been satisfied in the realm of traveling.  Now when I say "traveling" I do mean seeing other countries, however, what most intrigues me is meeting  new people and learning about how they live.  I want to know how their lives differ from mine and maybe gain some insight on living a happier, more fulfilled life.  The idea of sitting with someone new and hearing their story is exciting.  I can imagine myself, journal in hand, writing fiercely as I listen to their stories and find out what makes them tick, what their passion is, their views on family, work, and life.  I want to hear how they spend their time and what is most valuable to them. 

I often see shows or read articles or stories that highlight certain cultures and how they may differ from our own.  At times it's astonishing to see how they live with so little, yet have full hearts.  I
 wonder if it's because they do not know any different or if it is sometimes by choice.  I saw a picture recently in a magazine of a family of 6 who lives in a one room home.  Yes, one room.  Kinda like a studio apartment.  Yet their faces were filled with joy, excitement, and pride as they posed for this picture. It made me wonder what it is that makes them so happy.  That is what I want to find out.  That is why I want to go...anywhere. To have the opportunity to learn from others.  It doesn't have to be somewhere magical like Paris or Rome.  But somewhere I can go and take in the daily goings on of ordinary people in an otherwise unfamiliar place to me. 

Yes, this is what I thought about on the past uneventful holiday weekend.  However, the more I think of it and write about it, the more I want to go...anywhere to learn anything I possibly can about this world I call home.

Always,
Christine
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment