Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

For the Love of Natural Nails

Hi Everyone...I hope you all had a great weekend!  We took an extremely fast trip to Phoenix for my daughter's last cheer competition for the season.  It was a great competition and they won first place in their division...yay!  Although I am a little drained from traveling for competitions over the last two months, I have to say that I'm not quite sure what to do with the down time!  We have two weeks off and then it all starts back up again! 

Anyway, I want to talk nails today.  I had been having my nails done for years and about two years ago, I just got tired of taking time out to visit the nail salon and tired of paying.  It seemed like the prices kept going up and I said to myself, enough! No more paying for nails.  So I decided to have them removed and have been doing them by myself ever since.  I actually enjoy doing them; it kind of relaxes me and I LOVE being able to choose different nail polish colors to go with my mood.  However, as you can imagine, my nails were in terrible shape...and I mean terrible.  But I didn't cave in and get them back on.  Instead I searched for products to use that would help my nails get back into shape.  So I thought I would share some of my favorite nail products with you today. 

I always start with OPI's Nail Envy...it is the only thing that has made my nails stronger and healthier.  There are several variations of Nail Envy, however, I choose the original.  It runs around $16.95 and I usually pick it up at ULTA when they have either a $3.50 off or 20% of coupon! You can purchase it here.


I also love using cuticle creams or serums.  I have really bad cuticles so I need to put something on them daily.  There are two products I use that I am in love with.  First is the Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle Serum.  This serum helps strenghen my nails and keeps my cuticles under control. You can purchase it just about anywhere (Walgreens, WalMart, CVS, ULTA).  It runs around $9.00 and is totally worth it.  Check it out here.
Nailgrowth Miracle Serum - packaged

Last but not least, my absolute favorite nail product is LUSH's Lemony Flutter cuticle butter.  This stuff feels and smells amazing.  I use it several times throughout the day because it feels and smells so good.  You get a ton of product and it lasts a long, long time.  It sells for $16.95 and is worth it.  Check out the reviews on this product here...it is definitely a winner!
Lemony Flutter
I hope these products work as well for you as they do for me.  I also have a ton of favorite nail polish colors and brands I love as well.  I'll be doing a seperate post on that soon.  I hope you all have a fantastic, blessed week.  Talk to ya soon!

Always,
Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment