Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Great Weekend




Hi Everyone.  I hope your weeks is going great so far.  This past weekend my daughter and her team was in the NCA Cheerleading Championships in Dallas, TX.  Wow, what an experience.  We watch competitive cheer all the time on TV and of course of YouTube.  However, there is nothing like being there to feel the energy of these amazing athletes and how that energy is passed onto the crowd!  We saw some amazing teams.  Below are a few pictures of what the experience was like.

The awesome mat set-up
My daughter Taylor witgh three of her favorite cheerlebrities!
Awards time!

Something exciting happened for me this weekend while enjoying this competition.  I know that parents puff up with pride when seeing their children perform or compete...I'm no different.  However, this weekend I saw my daughter as an amazing athlete, an athlete who is passionate about her sport.  I couldn't help feeling so excited for her that she has found something that she is truly passionate about.  For most people they don't find their passion until well into adulthood.  My daughter is constantly talking about opening her own gym and mentoring children to become the best they can be.  I am so blessed that my daughter has amazing coaches who have mentored her and who have helped her find her passion.  Thank you Bob and Monica!!

I hope you all have a fantastic week. 

Always,
Christine



0 comments:

Post a Comment