Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Random Middle of the Night Thoughts

As you can tell by the title of this blog post I have some random thoughts to share.  You see, I have a problem and it's called SLEEP.  Now I know that most of you can't wait to get into your cozy beds and drift off into a comfortable slumber.  For me it's not so easy.  I don't know that I am an insomniac, however, I rarely get 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night and often times those hours are not consecutive.  Yes, it sucks and I am always tired.  Last night I couldn't help but wonder as I lay wide awake if the constant running of my brain has anything to do with it.  Now when I mean constant I mean constant.  Like it doesn't shut off, ever.  It's like I jump from one thought to another.  So to entertain you, I thought I would share some random thoughts that entered my mind last night.  So without further ado...

I wish there really was a Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.  I mean who wouldn't want to carry a wand and cast spells whenever they wanted? 

What should I make for dinner tomorrow night?  (by the way, it is 2:24 p.m. and I still do not know what I'm making for dinner)

I should start Christmas shopping early to prevent a stressful holiday season.  I will start making a list in the morning.  (it is 2:27 p.m. and no such list has been started)

I really wish Downton Abbey was a show that ran all year long.  Like no breaks at all.

Is Reid from Criminal Minds really that smart in real life?  I bet he is.

I can't wait for back to school supply shopping.  (totally a thought from the teacher side of me)

Oh my gosh,  Taylor (my daughter) graduates in 3 years!  (insert panic)

We should really start going on college road trips.

Why is it so freaking hot? 

Tomorrow I will search Pinterest for recipes to make homemade ice cream.  (I searched and found a recipe for peanut butter ice cream...I'll let you know how it turns out)

I wish I could fall asleep.

So there you have it.  While others are enjoying a peaceful night's sleep these are the things that are bouncing around in my mind.  So I have one question for you.  How do you shut your mind off and fall asleep?  I would LOVE to know.

Always,
Christine

0 comments:

Post a Comment