Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Summer!

I can't believe that summer is here!  Although I like summer, I would have to say I've already had enough of the 100+ weather we've been having.  I mean it's so hot and dry that my skin sizzles, even in the shade!  I guess one saving grace is that we do have a pool.  But even the water is hot!  I can't even say "hey let's jump in the pool and cool off" because jumping into the pool is like jumping into a hot spring...not at all refreshing on a hot day.  So what are some good things about summer?  I would have to say the 4th of July.  Yup, it's one of my favorite holidays.  The barbeque, friends, family, and of course the magnificent display that shoots across the night sky.  I guess you can say it makes me feel nostalgic.  Actually when I look back on my childhood summers, the 4th of July seems to be the first thing that pops into my head.  Unfortunately, over the past couple of years the weather here has been so incredibly dry that fireworks have become illegal.  And this year it doesn't look like that will change.  I guess we'll have to rely on the city to put on there semi-decent firework display and the numerous boxes of sparklers we always seem to have on hand!

There are some other things that make summer bearable.  Here are a few...

The Bomb Pop.  Hands down the best popsicle ever!

 

Margarita's.  Need I say more?


 

Iced cold watermelon!   


 
By the way, I would be remiss if I didn't pass along this link for the best watermelon-basil margaritas!  Check it out here

The beach.  Although I live nowhere near a beach, I do dream about it daily!

 

And last but certainly not least, a vacation or stay-cation.  Whatever happens to be in your budget!  Of course, I would always prefer a vacation!  Here are a few places I would LOVE to visit this summer...

Beautiful Cancun!

 

San Fransisco

And of course, the happiest place on earth!  (insert big smile)

 

I would like to be the first to wish you all a safe and blessed summer.  I hope you make summer memories that will last a lifetime!  Until next time my friends.

Always,
Christine


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment